What is a garden window?
A garden window projects out from the wall of the house with four window units, adding a mini greenhouse to your home. The two ventilating side units are trapezoidal casement units that open outwards with a crank. The center unit and the roof are picture windows. The insulated glazed roof is designed to be weather tight and leak proof. The garden window gets its name from its resemblance to a miniature greenhouse, which makes it perfect for displaying plants. The result is a beautiful space for greenery that will give you many years of trouble-free service.
What is a good location for a garden window?
The most popular spot for a garden window is above the kitchen sink. Since your garden window is custom made, you can replace an existing window without making costly, time-consuming structural changes.
Garden window features:
- Multi-chambered 3 1/4 inch vinyl window frames
- Heavy-duty solid wood buck frame securely supports entire garden unit
- Double-insulated, triple-sealed glass roof
- Spacious 16 1/2 inch projection beyond exterior wall surface
- Inside wood is 1 1/4 inch hardwood plywood with birch veneer stainable finish
- Sashes opens a full 90 degrees for easy cleaning and to meet egress code requirements
- Heavy duty crank and hinge operating hardware on trapezoidal operating casement windows
- Multi-point locking system with easy single-lever operation
- Warm edge spacer system
- Exterior is completely maintenance free
- Meets Energy Star requirements with LowE/Argon glass upgrade